If you really me, you would know…
Every summer for the last 15 years, I’ve loaded teenagers into busses, vans, and cars to head to a week of summer camp. On the first night, we sit in a circle and as the leader, I start the conversation, “If you really knew me, you would know…” and then each of us fills in the rest of the sentence. So, here I go…
Hi, my name is Lindsay Bridges and if you really me, you would know the only time I got sent to the principal’s office was in my own mother’s classroom during the 7th grade. Here are some other pieces that you should know to better understand me:
- I was born and raised in Reno, Nevada
- I’m an only child and the only redhead in my family (extended too)
- I started riding horses competitively when I was 8 and haven’t stopped yet
- I’m a product of the ministry that I currently serve as Area Director
- I’m finishing up TWO masters degrees: Business Administration and Theology
- I love to teach, preach, and share about my life and the Gospel
- I’m an advocate for all middle schoolers, high schoolers, and college students
- I am passionate about the anti-trafficking movement, specifically prevention work
- I have a 17 year old miniature wire-haired Dachshund that is pretty much my child
I’m beyond thrilled that you are here to read some of my experiences, learnings, and adventures over the years. My hope is that while you spend some time here, you would learn the importance of community in your own life, plus find the answers that go with these types of questions:
- Why is community so important?
- Who do I include in my community?
- What does community look like in my own life?
- How do I build a community around myself?
- How do I encourage others around me to build community?
These are all great conversations to be had and I can’t wait to get started! Thanks for spending a little time catching up with me!